Much mud these days. The laneway is starting to look pretty much impassable though we do use it long after we should actually use the alternate way which is across the grassed garden edge.
Otherwise a very nice, warm, greenish-brown and cloudy, probably eventually windy Christmas. ( I write this on Wednesday, early afternoon).
So, on the late morning, early afternoon before the evening before the night before Christmas ···
- Our horses and sheep are out in their fields
- And all are stirring about for their meals
- Even the mouse !
- The donkey and cows are both grazing too
- For holidays, cows, they don’t give a moo
- Chickens and ducks keep pecking the ground
- Searching in vain for no bugs are around
- There’s a good lot of eggs though
- At the end of the day, but ···
- No Santa, no reindeer, no pitter, no patter,
- Just quiet contentment as days grow longer
- And everyone dreams of when spring will grow stronger
Merry Christmas to all, Happy and prosperous New Year too!!