Last week was quite a busy one for us. It took the two us nearly two whole days of working, perhaps 30 man hours to get the new box built on to the back of our pickup. All of the wood, except for three 4 X 8 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood, was reclaimed lumber. The three sheets of plywood were removed from other spots around the farm. And we got it finished just before 10 a.m. on Tuesday. We then had to carve out a spot on the slope near the barn so as to load two cattle beast and get them to Willie’s meats by noon. The loading took a while but we made it on time even though the truck was very heavily loaded, even close to being overloaded. Everything went well, the truck handled fine and our new structure at the back held up with no problems.
We spread some leaves on the garlic beds and covered them right away with a well composted hay mulch before the wind was able to blow the leaves away. We could not do too much though as by the time each day that we were ready to lay down mulch, the winds had increased such that we were unable to put down the leaves without having them all blow away.
We also spent two days accumulating firewood and scrounged up some more reclaimed lumber fro use in future projects.
The everyday work needed to look after all the livestock and poultry also takes considerable time as well. Go to our Facebook page for more photos. I’ll have that up late this evening. I was unable to get to it last week.