PRICE LIST; Updated September 6, 2017
Our meats are from animals raised, and usually born, on our farm. The meat is cut and wrapped, government inspected and quick frozen at our local butcher, Willie’s Meats, near St. George. Our beef is usually outside on the pasture all the time, entirely grass and hay fed unless it is a cull cow which was once being milked. The cows being milked are given about 2 pounds of crimped or sprouted oats at the once a day milking time. The sheep will have gotten some crimped or sprouted oats during early and mid winter in order that the pregnant ewes will have a little more nutrition. The lambs destined to go to the butcher will have gotten some. The sheep are on pasture from May until December and sheep and cattle get hay during the winter and to supplement their grass during dry pasture conditions.
BEEF: We sent a beef to the butcher on September 5 and another will go in about three weeks time. Until Willie’s Meats cuts and wraps the beef, in about 2 or 3 weeks time, several of the listed cuts are sold out.
- T-Bone, Sirloin, and Prime Rib Steaks $13.00 /lb
- Round, and Flank Steaks $12.00 /lb
- Blade Steaks $10.00 /lb
- Tenderloin and Prime Rib Roast $13.00 /lb
Rump Roasts $12.00 /lb
- Top and Bottom Round Roasts $11.00 /lb
- Cross Rib Roasts $ 9.00 /lb
- Sausages, all beef $ 9.00 /lb
- Ground and Stew Beef $ 7.00 /lb
- Kidney and Liver $ 6.50 /lb
- Heart, Tongue and Bones $ 3.50 /lb
- Whole, Half and Quarters (priced on hanging weight) $ 6.00 /lb
- Whole hanging weight is from 400 to 600 lbs.
- Cut and wrapped beef is then about 60 % of the hanging weight.
- A whole beef carcass weighing 600 pounds will give us 600 X 60 % = 360 pounds of meat.
LAMB: We will be taking lamb to the butchers over the next few weeks but until then most of the listed cuts are sold out.
- Whole Leg, bone in $14.00 /lb
- Loin Chops $16.00 /lb
- Neck and Rib Chops $10.00 /lb
- Ground Lamb $9.00 /lb
- Lamb stewing meat $9.00 /lb
- Sausage, all Lamb $10.00 /lb
- Ribs/Rack $ 7.25 /lb
- Liver and Kidney $ 8.50 /lb
- Heart and Bones $ 3.50 /lb
- Whole or Half Lamb (Priced on hanging weight) $ 7.00 /lb
- Whole hanging weight is from 20 t0 40 lbs.
We have some soup hens, $2.50/lb with weights being around 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds each. These are not tender roasting birds but are older roosters and the end of lay hens of which all are best suited for soups though with careful slow cooking the meat can sometimes be tender enough.